Filed under: Conference/Event, Innovation, Marketing, Soundview Live, Strategic Management | Tags: business book, Business book summary, Conference/Event, Innovation, Soundview Live, strategies
Wouldn’t it be great if you could predict the future – and be right?
Imagine how different your business would look, as you adjust for future customer needs in advance, instead of waiting for the latest survey results or watching what your competitors come up with next.
Daniel Burrus says that you can predict the future, “All you have to do is leave out the parts you could be wrong about! And the amazing thing is, when you know where to look, there’s more than enough you can be right about to make all the difference.”
Burrus isn’t hiring fortune tellers or selling crystal balls. Instead, in his book Flash Foresight, he provides insight into seven flash foresight triggers that can help business people see what the future holds for their business and the potential that is available to transform for that future.
Here are the seven triggers:
- Start with certainty – use hard trends to see what’s coming.
- Anticipate – base your strategies on what you know about the future.
- Transform – use technology-driven change to your advantage.
- Take your biggest problem and skip it – it’s not the real problem anyway.
- Go opposite – look where no one else is looking to see what no one else is seeing and do what no one else is doing.
- Redefine and reinvent – identify and leverage your uniqueness in new and powerful ways.
- Direct your future – or someone else will direct it for you.
We’ve invited Daniel Burrus to join us for our next Soundview Live webinar, anticipating your need to look ahead in your area of business. Please register today and bring questions about how these triggers can apply in your marketplace. Perhaps Burrus can help you look into your future.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment