Filed under: Internet, Marketing, Soundview Live | Tags: business books, Internet, Marketing, Soundview Live
Build it and they will come. That’s what some companies believe about websites. All you need is a snazzy website and a Google adword account, and everyone will flock to your site and spend their money. But there’s much more to it than that.
Google has so designed their search algorithm that a website really needs to provide relevant content in order to rank high in search results. And this relevancy is factored into their adword program as well. So how to you create a site that will be found?
Jon Wuebben is a search expert who has the answers. In his new book Content is Currency, Wuebben explains the importance of content marketing, which he defines as “the act of sharing tips, advice, and other value-added information as a means of converting prospects into customers and customers into loyal, lifelong, repeat buyers.”
Here are Weubben’s eight steps to content success:
- You learn who your customer is and where the pain points are.
- You develop consistent, relevant content in multiple channels.
- You let go of all control, and let your ideas spread.
- People share your ideas and link to your content.
- People find your content through social media and search engines.
- Prospects and customers start relying on your expertise—the relationship begins.
- You become the trusted solutions provider in your industry.
- Your customers tell others about you.
To really understand how content and search relate, I would invite you to join Soundview and Jon Wuebben on March 15th for our webinar Developing Powerful Content for Web and Mobile. Wuebben will also be taking time to answer participant’s questions. Invite your whole marketing team to sit in and see what you can do to strengthen your website.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment